“Email is dead.”
^ The only people you’ll hear that from are one of those hypey “marketing gurus” out there who like to make sensationalist claims just for attention.
Someone who isn’t doing email marketing correctly.
But the truth is that email is alive and well.
Let me show you some recent stats…
- 99% of consumers check their email every day (and over 50% check it more than 10x a day).
- In the US, email is by FAR the preferred way for people to get brand updates.
- 59% of people say email marketing influences purchase decisions.
- Even 73% of Millennials prefer their business communications to come from email.
- When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%)?
- For every $1 spent, email marketing generates $44 in ROI
- The average order value of email is at least 3x higher than that of social media
I could go on, but I think you get the point:
People still use email all the time.
In fact, not only is email NOT dead…in most cases, it’s better than social media.
Social media channels barely even show your posts to followers anymore…
Because they want you to spend money on ads to reach your own followers!
How crazy is that?!
Take this example.
Our Wellness Coach Pro FB page has 11,100 followers as I write this email.
I made a post last night, and it’s been shown to just over 100 people.
Now let’s compare that to my last few emails I have sent out to my email list.
20-30% Open rates!
So literally 20-30x more eyeballs on any message I want to get out!
So what’s the takeaway?
- You need to own your list
Just because you have FB followers, Instagram followers or whatever other social media channel of the month – you DO NOT own them. They can shut your account off at any time for whatever reason they want.
- Have them in your CRM / Email platform
This is so you can send them an email whenever you want to about whatever you want to.
And there is no algorithm that’s going to suppress your message.
When you hit “send” it goes out to your list…period.
And by the way, you can always email your list and push them to whatever social media channel
you want to.
- When you do email marketing correctly – it’s highly effective.
You’ve seen all of the proof above!
…so how do you get started with email marketing?
We’ve made it easier than ever to be a highly effective email marketer inside of HBZoom.
All of your contacts are stored in your own CRM so that YOU OWN THEM, and you can email them at any time.
From there you can either…
- Write and send your own emails.
- Use our pre-written templates and newsletters. These are all specific to Herbalife products, recruiting, weight loss challenges, skin care and more! And you can send them with just a couple clicks of the mouse.